Thursday, April 1, 2010

Feeling Foolish


“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed.” ~Mark Twain

This afternoon, a friend of mine sent me a text message. She does that from time to time, rather than call me. Our conversation went something like this…

Ms. Friend: I want you to be the 1st to know. I met a very cool drummer from a punk band. We just got married in Viva Las Vegas! I am so happy! XO

Me: Holy Guacamole!! Congratulations Sweetie! When do we get to meet him?


I’m thinking to myself that this woman is crazy. I knew she liked punk rock, but really….a drummer? I was in disbelief, but then I turned around in my glass house and decided to put the rock down. After all, who I am to judge a woman who marries a man without knowing him well??!! The conversation continued…

Ms. Friend: Soon as I can find him myself. HA HA

Find him? Then, I remember she’s in Las Vegas. I surmise he’s probably off gambling.

Me: Have fun!! What’s his name anyway?

Ms. Friend: Mr. April Fool

WHAT?!! I suddenly realize that today is April 1st…..better known as April Fool’s Day, and boy, I sure swallowed that big fish – hook, line and sinker!


Me: I am shamefully gullible. But, you, m’dear are simply shameLESS!

A few hours later, my husband returned home from his softball game and announced, “Hey, Honey! I hit 5 homeruns!!” “April Fools!!”, I yelled back.

You can’t fool a Fool twice on April Fool’s Day.

“Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.” ~Chinese Proverb

“The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.” ~Will Rogers

Beware the Pranksters, Y’all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment